Starting Jan.1st We will be introducing sauna whisking before our sessions. Here is a little information about the health benefits of whisking.
- Sauna whisk, called vihta in Finland and venik in Russia, is a special accessory. To many sauna bathers it is a compulsory item.
- A whisk is a bundle of young tree twigs which are used to give a special massage before or during sauna sessions.
- Whisking promotes better blood circulation, cleans the skin and enriches it with health. During the course of massage, the massage therapist lashes, slaps, the client with whisk after dipping it in warm water.
- Whisks also release pleasant aroma in the air adding a bit of aromatherapy.
- Whisks are made of different tree species. The most popular of them are birch, oak and eucalyptus.
- Birch sauna whisk helps to relieve pain in muscles and joints after physical exercises, cleans the skin prone to rash, promotes healing of wounds and scratches, has soothing and calming effects and improves mood. The main benefit of birch whisk is that it widens the bronchus, which promotes ventilation of lungs and discharge of sputum. It is especially beneficial for smokers and those suffering from asthma. Birch leaves contain ethereal oils, tanning agents, vitamin C and A. After bathing, the skin will look smooth and elastic. Birch whisk infusion is also good for scalp and hair.
- Oak sauna whisk are particularly suitable for people with oily skin. Oak whisk will make it elastic and smooth. The oak leaves have powerful anti-inflammatory effect and help reduce blood pressure. The essence calms the nervous system after intense mental and physical activity.
- Linden (lime-tree) sauna whisk helps to relieve headache and has mild diuretic effect. Linden leaves fasten sweating and have calming, wound healing and anti-fever action.
- Eucalyptus sauna whisk have powerful healing effect. Eucalyptus leaves contain up to 3% of essence oils which makes it extremely efficient. Eucalyptus whisk is recommended in case of bronchitis or sore throat.